Sunday, April 15, 2012

Science project

The beginning of February was science project time. We worked hard on science projects this year. Noelle REALLY wanted a special award (not just 1st place). She's a little on the competitive side.

Let me back up a little. Halloween 2011 we went to our church's trunk-or-treat/chilli cook-off/halloween party. At the party there was a little costume parade for the kids and then awards were handed out for best costumes. All of the kids got a ribbon, not just the winners. After ribbons were handed out, Noelle came to Ben and said, "Look Dad. I got a participant ribbon." Ben responded, "Cool, Ellie." To which Ellie replied, "No it's not, Dad. It's a participant ribbon. Everyone got one." We had to laugh and Ben says that she is my child. I guess I was a little competitive growing up. Sometimes I still wrestle with slightly competitive feelings, but for the most part I've had to give them up as I no longer have the time or energy. My time and energy now go into making sure I raise my kids to be the best kids ever...err...I mean my time and energy now go into raising good, honest, smart, compassionate kiddos.

Anyway, one morning in the midst of trying to pull Noelle's science project together, Noelle woke up and explained that she had a dream that she didn't finish her science project so she turned it in unfinished and earned a participant ribbon. This was no dream to her. This was a nightmare.

No worries though. We did finish. We got it turned in. She did not win the special award, but she did earn herself a first place ribbon. Great job, Noelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment