Sunday, April 15, 2012

afFLICtion or conFLICtion

so, in a very brief, weak moment i somehow ended up a cat owner.

i don't want a cat. for so many reasons. if you really want the run down call me.

on the way home we started talking about what this cat's name should be. i told ben that we needed to come up with a single word that means to be forced into something and that should be his name because that is how i felt. i quickly got on the thesaurus on my i-phone and one of the words was affliction. ben thinks it is an awesome name. so his name is affliction but we call him flic.

i didn't touch the cat for almost 48 hours. i really want him to go back. my kids are getting more and more bonded and the cat is getting more and more bonded to us. ben finally says he'll take the cat back if that's what i want. i told him that is what i want, but i don't want my kids to turn out like me when it comes to animals. (again, call me if you really wanna know.) ben laughed and said maybe his name should be confliction instead of affliction.

either way, we still call him flic. and we are still cat owners.

the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment