Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gettin' started...

Well, I finally did it! I'm a blogger. I've actually been wanting to do it for awhile. I think it's a great way to keep track of mile stones as I've seen with many of your blogs.

So, what took me so long? I attempted to start one last year, but I couldn't come up with the perfect name. I knew that I wanted to do a play on words with our awesome last name. How could I not?! Well, my inspiration for our family blog name came from my friend Jessica Gilmore. (I hope she'll forgive me for bragging about her for a minute!) She was Noelle's and is currently Ethan's 1st grade teacher and I couldn't ask for a better 1st grade teacher for my children! But, she is not just my children's teacher, she is one of my dearest friends on this mountain and we are both just too darn busy to take more advantage of our friendship... I can't wait for summer!! Anyways, back to how I got the name...Jessica and I got together to make Christmas gifts last year and as I was trying to come up with the perfect phrase to etch on the back of a serving dish for my in-laws she came up with "We're Altop Notch." Isn't it perfect? Thanks Jess!

So why am I blogging now? Here are some reasons:

1) I am a blog voyeur! I love reading blogs. Some of you know I've been watching you, but I think most of you do not.

2) I am inspired by many of these blogs that I've been stocking! I have been inspired in different ways by your blogs. For example I am inspired in the kitchen by my friend Natalie with her Perry's Plate blog and I am inspired by my BFF Lesley on a spiritual level, mom level and because that girl just plain gets me!

3) I have seriously been considering signing off of facebook for good, but I am a bit chicken. I'm chicken because I love keeping in touch with people, but I need to simplify. Facebook has especially been nice for those of you that I lost touch with and I don't want to lose touch with you again! This may be my way of simplifying and keeping in touch with those who genuinely want to know what's going on with my family. I'll let you know what I decide when I do. Oh, and I will give you a heads up that sometimes I change my mind...I'm allowed to do that!

4) Most importantly, this is a way that I can journal about my family's happenings, keep track of the fun things we do and the funny things my kids say. These are also things that I love reading in all of your blogs that I follow. So many of you have given me great ideas on things I can do with my family and I have copied you. I hope that every now and then we can inspire you too!

4 comments:

  1. I love our family blog!! I'll have to be a 'follower' of yours now too!! If you want an invite to our family blog, let me know (with your email address) and I will send you an invitation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Alison has a blog!!! I don't think you could come up with a better blog address, I love it! I think the real reason you started a blog though is because that family photo is so stinking cute, you had to share it :) Can't wait to read about your family's happenings (like how Sadie looks so grown up).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the blogs and glad you are embracing it. A little tid-bit. I did not know until recently that blog is short for web log, hence b-l-o-g. I think it is a neat way to keep everyone (us) up on what is going on in your life. I hope to set up a family blog for jounal and recipe sharing reasons. I have kind of done some in my notes on FB. Love you Ali:) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are blogging now! I love how it has helped me remember so many of the little things about my kids! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete